who we are
Camp-outs and Rallies
gatherings and events
classy cruising and more
Serro Scotty timeline
Join the NSSO
how to become a member
Rebuilds and Restores
what others have done
what we have used
people we endorse
buy NSSO/Scotty apparal
have a question?
VIN (Vehicle Identification Number
The VIN is stamped
on the tongue, the right arm, as you face the trailer
- First two digits of the VIN are
year of manufacture
- The next two digits are length
- The last, three to five digits are production
- The letter designates
the model, G=Gaucho, T=Tonga, FK=Front Kitchen, M=Mattress,
- Scottys manufactured in Bristow, OK are preceded by a B and end with a W (western plant)
- Scottys manufactured in Ashburn, GA are preceded by an A
Post 1980 VINs
Beginning in 1980*, Serro began using a different 17** digit VIN format, for example, 1SSTT16S2D11SS022.
- SSTT is Serro Scotty Travel Trailer
- The next two digits are the length
- The digit in the 10th position designates the year, using this formula: A=1980, B=1981, C=1982, D=1983, E=1984, F=1985, G=1986, H=1987, J=1988, K=1989, L=1990, M=1991, N=1992, P=1993, Q=1994, R=1995, S=1996 and T=1997. Letters I & O were skipped
- The final three digits are the production number for that year.
- The VIN on a 80's/90's Scotty may be located on the side of the right arm, not on the top
* some 1980 Scottys still have the original-style VIN number.
** some folks have an abbreviated variation of the 17 digit VIN, for example, 13F2999, where 13=length (including tongue), F=1985, and 2999 is the production number.
you have anything to add, please