who we are
Camp-outs and Rallies
gatherings and events
classy cruising and more
Serro Scotty timeline
Join the NSSO
how to become a member
Rebuilds and Restores
what others have done
what we have used
people we endorse
buy NSSO/Scotty apparal
have a question?
NSSO Membership Rules
The National Serro Scotty Organization (NSSO) is a community of talented people who:
- want to share information about their Scottys (or other small vintage trailers)
- like to help other vintage trailer owners
- enjoy camping together from time to time.
Membership in this organization is a social contract. By requesting membership in the NSSO, you agree to contribute meaningfully to the community, support its values, and respect other members. In return, you will profit from the collective experiences and resources of the members.
The following rules have been designed to help each and every member meet the community’s standards of professionalism and to ensure that membership in the organization will always be an enjoyable experience for all.
- When starting a new line of discussion within the group, please create a new subject line. When you send a message to the group with a subject line that has no relation to the content of the message, it is confusing to other members and makes a search of archived messages useless, if not impossible.
- If you take a discussion off on a tangent, change the subject line! The more specific, accurate, and descriptive your subject line is, the better your chance of a quick and informative response from other members.
For the sake of those reading messages, please trim your replies. Keep only what is necessary for folks to follow the conversation.
This is a professional group, please:
- Assume that others know at least as much as you do and treat them with the intelligence and care they deserve.
- Be respectful of others’ sensitivities and backgrounds.
- Be helpful in your replies.
- Refrain from any personal attacks. Stating an opposing view may be acceptable, but calling someone names or questioning their intelligence and/or abilities is not acceptable.
- Don’t feed the trolls! Some people enjoy starting trouble. They intentionally post false or controversial material just to get attention. This is known as “trolling”. Anyone who trolls, or shows disrespect to others, will be removed from the organization with no refund of membership fee. This may seem harsh, but this organization should remain a peaceful and harmonious place to come in our busy lives!
Removal from Forums
People who inform the admin that they no longer wish to belong to the NSSO shall have memberships in all NSSO forums removed.