who we are
Camp-outs and Rallies
gatherings and events
classy cruising and more
Serro Scotty timeline
Join the NSSO
how to become a member
Rebuilds and Restores
what others have done
what we have used
people we endorse
buy NSSO/Scotty apparal
have a question?
Members Only Forums
The NSSO offers its members two forums - each with
its own topic. Upon payment of your membership fee, you will receive
emailed invitations to join the forums which include a clickable
link and the instructions for doing so. There is also an nsso-photos group for uploading pictures for sharing. Upon joining the NSSO, you will also receive an invitation to join that group as well. Save these messages. They contain
other information that you may need to refer to later.
Once you've entered your information and submitted it, you
will be a member of the mailing lists. You may choose to receive all messages
via e-mail, as they are posted, a daily digest which appends all messages
and then sends them to you once a day as one e-mail, or no messages at all
but you can read them by going to the forums' web pages. Be sure to
keep the message you will receive so you will have the links to get to the
site if that is how you are choosing to view the messages.
The lists are:
- nsso-trailer-talk — Trailer talk, resources, help, camping
- nsso-babbles — Anything else, but be reasonable and courteous
- nsso-photos — For uploading photos to share with fellow members
Note sending a message on the forum will go to all members of the forum. Do not use the forums to send personal messages to one or two members - that is what private email.
If you choose to participate in the forums, as a courtesy to your fellow members, please keep to the forum's topic. For example, do not start talking about your dog (sorry Mabel) in the nsso-trailer-talk forum. That would be appropriate in the nsso-babbles list only. If you ask a question and it is answered, please save the answer. Don't come back and ask it again later and expect others to re-answer it for you.
Also, when you send a message to the group with a subject line that has no relation to the content of the message, it is confusing to other members and makes a search of archived messages useless, if not impossible. If you take a discussion off on a tangent, change the subject line! The more specific, accurate, and descriptive your subject line is, the better your chance of a quick and informative response from other members.
In addition, this is a professional organization, please:
- Assume that others know at least as much as you do and treat them with the intelligence and care they deserve.
- Be respectful of others’ sensitivities and backgrounds.
- Be helpful in your replies.
- Refrain from any personal attacks. Stating an opposing view may be acceptable, but calling someone names or questioning their intelligence and/or abilities is not acceptable.
- Don’t feed the trolls! Some people enjoy starting trouble. They intentionally post false or controversial material just to get attention. This is known as “trolling”. Anyone who trolls or shows disrespect to others will be removed from the organization, with no refund of the membership fee. This may seem harsh, but this organization should remain a peaceful and harmonious place to come in our busy lives!